Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Jaevyn is down with hfmd

Poor baby boy huh... He barely recover from his chicken pox n in less than a month he has gotten the hand foot and mouth disease... His chicken pox scar is still around when we the rashes appear. We never would have though he would caught this hfmd coz he is taken care by me and had minimum exposure to other kids. But shopping at tesco, aeon and other mall will also increase his exposure risk.

It started last Thursday, he was a bit cranky in the noon. He woke up after his short nap and cried while pointing to his throat. I thought he choked on something so I tried to ask him cough it out but nothing came out. At bout 8pm when I finish teaching, his dad found out he has fever. We still went to see Celine caroling coz we have promised her parents. We thought it was just a normal fever so we went ahead. He was in a bad mood, he refused to eat anything at the caroling party. We came back at 9pm.

His fever went up to 40 C, yuan wanted to give him fever med but I insisted on not giving. He is able to sleep that night, without waking up or whimpering or crying. That night, I googled and his symptom looks like it was tonsillitis. If that's the case then his fever should go away soon and his throat will recover as well.

The next day, yuan took half day leave because we had to go into Penang to get something done. In the morning, J's fever dropped, to bout 38, so I presume he's recovering so we went to Penang that noon. Brought J to swim at Springfield. It was a tiring day, we even bought a cake before coming back home, just because Kathlyn felt like eating it :p



Friday night was ok for J, perhaps he was tired swimming and playing and didn't get any proper nap. Saturday morning was suppose to go Pei Lin house cos her piano will be delivered today. We went together with J. It is during then we saw J has red spots on his face. In the car on our way to lunch, I saw spots on his palm and leg. I was like..., gosh, don't tell me it's hfmd! True indeed. We went to Tc yeoh's clinic and he confirmed it was hfmd. That night was the worse night.... Luckily Yuan took care of him while I get to rest as my round ligament was pain, due to the expansion of my uterus accommodating Kathlyn... J couldn't sleep whole night. He slept around 11pm, whimpering in his sleep, and officially woke up at 1am. Yuan played with him till 4am when he finally felt tired and sleep. During that 3 hours, yuan told me J kept asking him to apply calamine lotion on his feet. He must be itchy, during his sleep as well, he keep moving his buttock. I assume it's itchy as well. It wasn't that bad when he had chicken pox.

Luckily it was a weekend, yuan was around to help me take care of J for 2 full days. Yuan was exhausted, and he still has to go to work on Monday. Luckily he can go in late a bit.

This is J taking his nap on Monday evening... His rashes went off a bit, but there are still ulcers in his mouth and lips. Some blisters starting to dry up...









No comments: