Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week 3, Day 4

Hmm.. Here i am again, updating my blogs. I guess things which will be said for this few months will be all regarding Industrial Training. I've been doing nothing new for the past one week. Still the same old routine, only that i'm testing with different algorithm, trying to find out the best algorithm to obtain the best result. But then again, something happened yesterday evening. My supervisor, Dr. Bhanu chatted with me for about 30 minutes. We talked about the ITP, the log book and the evalution form which he has to fill up at the end of the program. Well, as usual, Diana is the kind who will tell what she thinks. I asked him if he thinks he has a life~ I mean, what kind of life a researcher can have. They bury themselves in work 24/7, their head is full of their research problems. He said, he has. It's just that different people has different expectation in life. Different ppl wants different thing and no one can have everything. Then, it occurs to me, what exactly do i want in life? Next question which i asked was what kept him moving on. Research is not an easy job, you can't obtain results within a short duration of time. It's not about doing it on Monday, getting the result on Friday. Yes, it may be a Monday of January 2005, Friday of December 2020... You get what i mean? His answer to this question is, his passion in helping people. Not everyone can be politicians, doctors, nurses. But then again, everyone has their own role in this world. If being a researcher is the only way he can reach out to help people, then he is doing it. OMG~~!! don't you think it's so so so courageable??

Nevertheless, his words kept my brain turning until now. These people are so experienced and they know what they want in life. When and where can i find it? How do i know if that's what i want in life? Dear peers, how has your training been? Did it left you thinking about your future? Till then~~ take care!!

1 comment:

one_sun said...

I think u should have gain a lot from ur supervisor...
I do agree with him, everyone has their own role in the world, and we can't have everything...
I think ITP is a very good chance for us to find our road in the future, and I think i got a rough idea now, haha.. :)