Wednesday, February 4, 2015

CNY 2015: 3rd bake of the year, Cornflakes mix in a cup

This is my 3rd bake for this CNY. Last week's bake, which was meant for CNY is all gone. Looks like I will have to bake again sometime next week so that I'm able to bring them back for my mother in law to try. Well, this week, I'm going to try something I've been wanting to try but lazy to do. Cornflakes mix in cup. I am not sure how to name it, so I'd just name is as how it looks like. Recipe as follow:

Ingredients
Honey 70g
Sugar 80g (I used brown sugar and will reduce as I find it too sweet)
Butter 90g
Almond strips 50g
Cornflakes 180g
Thousand island decorative sugar (to sprinkle)

Methods:
1. Mix honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan then melt them with low flame.
2. Pour in almond strips and cornflakes into the mixture
3. Mix them until all cornflakes are costed with the mixture. (I smashed the flakes while mixing)
4. Scoop out the mixture and put them into small paper cup
5. Sprinkle the decorative sugar (any type will do)
6. Bake at 160 Celsius for 7-9 minutes until cornflakes is golden brown

Note:
1. Remember to wait for the cornflakes to cool down before trying it because the sugar and honey is very hot and it will stick to your tongue causing injury
2. U can add in other nuts or raisins into the mixture for more variety
3. Pre heat oven before baking
4. You can change the amount of sugar and honey to your taste, likewise, you too can omit sugar and increase honey
5. You can lightly break the cornflakes before mixing, I choose to do it while mixing
6. Total time used to bake this is 30-40 minutes, so it is an easy bake. You can also ask your kids to help you with it, my son did it with me and he end up munching those cornflakes mixture before I'm able to bake them.

Baking in progress

Cooling it

Into the container they go
J running away after stealing my pre baked cornflakes mixture!



No comments: