Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're all living in a helpless world

When was the last time you met with an unfortunate event?


My worst experience was this morning. Yesterday evening I received a call from my mum saying that someone has broke into her house while she was not at home. It seems the thieves took all valuable they could find. PC, LCD monitor, jewelery, coins, cash, camcorder, golf bag, shoes, and pots of bonsai! We've calculated, and there weren't much losses. Approximately RM4000.00. The unfortunate part is that we did not realise there's one more very important thing missing during that break in.


The next morning as i woke up, got ready for work - I realise my phone had miss call from my aunt. I called back. Guess what. My mum's car is missing - from her house with the autogate wide open. GOSH. The important thing that was missing and we didn't realise was her car's spare key.


Apparently, the thieves took her spare key and autogate's key. They came back to her house while they were asleep and drove the car away. Mum did not hear her car engine start - most probably they pushed it out and started engine when the car is out from the house's compound.


Immediately my mum went to lodge a police report. Actually, right after her house was broken into, she has called the police and asked if they could come over to have a look. They replied that they will not come to the crime scene unless someone made a police report at the police station. So, my mum was asked to make a trip to the station before they could do anything. My mum was reluctant to go because she was traumatised and didn't want to leave home. I too agreed with her decision as there was nothing much the police could do and my mum needed time to be at home.


After the car was stolen, she went to lodge a report. She told the police what happened, but turned out the report was not written the way it was spoken but my mum didn't bother correcting them because she was simply too sad and shocked. 3 hours later, an officer came to her house. took pictures - when the stuffs has been arranged back to the way it was. Officer blamed my mum for not making a police report earlier.


Then, here I am today, after bringing my mum to my aunt's house to borrow a car. I feel so helpless. What can we do when things are stolen? rely on police to retrieve them back? it took them 3 hours to come to the crime scene. Not to mention they didn't write the report as it was told. One inspector even asked my mum to drop by the Central police station to lodge another report. When my mum asked him why can't she do it today, he replied - he has another case elsewhere. So he can only deal with this case tomorrow.


By tomorrow, everything will be history. Nothing can be retrieved. Hopeless. All this while, we have been a law abiding citizen. We lived by rules, made a proper living. What do we get? Injustice, unfair, and distress. Then why on earth are we still living here? What's the point of living your life anymore when in the end, you will still end up being helpless.

No comments: