Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthyday to AMA,
Happy Birthday to you...

Dear Ama,

If only you were around, I will be on leave today, I will cook you red egg + mi sua, buy you a low sugar cake and bring you to hypermarkets for you to do your shopping

If only you were around, I will stay with you yesterday night, to chat with you before you sleep, to drink the milo you made for me before i sleep

If only you were around, I will be the most filial grandchild you have, to bring you for check-ups, to buy you medicine you need so you don't have to walk those extra miles

If only you were around, I will make sure your days which are numbered will be meningful, your past sufferings will be worthwhile and every sacrifices you made be priceless


I am sorry to not be able to do all those when you were around. Ever since the day you went away, I've been living my life with regrets, with shadows from the past, with things I didn't do and will never be able to do.

The grieving period, people say can be as short as 1 month but it too can be as long as a lifetime. I grieve because you meant a lot to me, I am here today, for you gave me the courage, you were a good exampler, you showed me a glimpse of my future. Thank you and you will always be remembered even after generations. This will be the greatest achievement in your life.

HaPPY 81 years old, AMA!

No comments: