Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Subang Jaya girl scores 10 A1s in O-level exam

When i saw this headline on The Star today, i was wondering, do they mean SPM as O level, or the O level in Singapore. To my wonder, it's really the O level in Singapore. You can read it here: Subang Jaya girl scores 10A1s in O-level exam . Before i came here for my industrial training, i felt afraid, afraid that i might not be smarter than those who are already here - Sinaporean. People back in Malaysia think highly of Singaporean, my family - not my parents - has this thinking that it would have been better if i had chosen to come to poly or JC after my SPM, and not MMU. They think that it will be better if i had do so. But then again, this article has proven them wrong. We Malaysians are not necessarily worse than Singaporeans. We may be living in a place where the quality of life is lower, PPP is lower, economy is lower, etc. BUT there are still Malaysians who are more intellectual, more hardworking, more humble than Singporeans. Well, all in all, this blog is to remind everyone to not only look on one side of a situation - including myself :P

3 comments:

SIMMY said...

you are correct. not all singaporean is clever..but in average, there have more ppl who is clever in malaysia...

Unknown said...

Happened to "walk" into your blog! Seems like you're in Singapore now. Hows going? :)

DiaAnE said...

Hey Ing Chia..
I was in Singapore, but back to Malaysia now. Still doing my undergraduate. Final sem.. How's your PhD going on? Gonna be Dr. Phang soon.. :P