Saturday, April 4, 2015

Confinement preparation

Since my stomach is getting bigger, we have to start stocking up stuffs for confinement. I tried googling for Chinese medicine shop around bukit mertajam but there are little to no blog regarding them. So, I asked around and one of my friend suggests me to go to this shop opposite Taman Selamat market, Alma. According to my friend, this shop pack their own herbs and does wholesales too. Actually, I can just go any shops that sell Chinese medicine, but there are two things that one should know before purchasing any herbs from any shop.
1. The flow of herbs must be good, as in they don't keep a lot of stock. It is very important for me to get fresh herbs.
2. The herbs must be authentic. There are some shops who are not very reputable, hence they dare to simply sell any herbs.
Since my friend mentioned this shop, I think it's better that I go take a look and decide if I wanna buy my confinement herbs there.

The shop is can be found easily, it's just opposite Taman selamat market, near the fruits stall. This shop consists of 3 shop lots. It's called Chung Woong Trading. Fully air conditioned. When you walk in, you can feel that this shop is very well organized and it's stock look new. Since I do not know what herbs to buy, I straightaway told the boss (young and clean looking lad) that I need herbs for confinement. He told me there're few packages, ranging from most expensive RM1k++ to few hundreds. The difference is the quality of the herbs. For example, dang Shen, for the expensive package, u get thicker dang Shen and thinner for cheaper package. I told him I do not need package (as I'm unsure if I will consume a lot of herbs), so I asked him to show me what are the essentials herbs and I will buy what I think I will consume. He is very friendly and showed me those essentials herbs. End up, I bought high grade dang Shen, tang kwei, red dates, black dates, dried longan, wolf berries, bei Qi, du zhong. All are of the highest grade but half the quantity of what people usually consume (according to him). I've added another bottle of pills, which he say is better than so hup pill. This bottle consists of cordyceps and other Chinese medicine which helps expel wind (which is crucial during confinement). Total spent, RM658. Compared to my previous child, this amount is about rm200 more. But, this time, I bought better quality herbs. Hope it will help on my recovery so that I can recover fast and have more energy to take care of both sons.











No comments: